Contributed by Lindsay Randall
Given how wildly successful our Diggin’ In: Digital Lecture series has been, we wanted to expand how our audiences can interact with archaeologists from around the country.
Our new project – dIPPIN’ IN: Quick Conversations with Archaeologists – highlights the variety of jobs and experiences archaeologists can have by asking each person the same five questions:
- Describe what kind of archaeology you focus on.
- How did you get into archaeology?
- Why should we care about archaeology and history?
- What is the most exciting thing you ever found?
- Anything else people should know about archaeology?
It is fascinating to learn about each archaeologist’s career path and what initially hooked them. And, while some answers have been remarkedly similar many are wildly different!
If you want a glimpse into the exciting field of archaeology through the personal lens of an archaeologist, this series is for you.
As we continue to add to the series, you can find the videos here.
And, if you are an archaeologist who wants to participate or if there is someone you want us to interview – let us know!